Frequently Asked Questions

No. Your Certificate of Registration will not be changed however your tax filing will be adjusted, specifically by taking into account your earnings from employment when filing your annual income tax return.

No. If you receive income as a resident or fellow wherein all your government contributions are covered by employer, your employer or institution may withhold taxes from your paycheck wherein you will be issued a BIR form 2316 every after year end.

However, if you have been withheld by either these rate 2%,5%,10%, and the institution will give you 2307 along with your pay or after the end of the quarter, you are required to register with BIR.

BIR Form 2307 is a certificate issued by a withholding agent (usually the payor or client) to a taxpayer to report income subjected to expanded withholding tax (EWT) or final withholding tax (FWT).
It serves as evidence that a certain amount of tax has been withheld by the payor/client from payments made to the taxpayer and is commonly associated with income earned by self-employed individuals, professionals, and businesses from services rendered, rentals, royalties, and other income subjected to withholding tax.

BIR Form 2316 (Certificate of Compensation Payment/Tax Withheld): BIR Form 2316 is a certificate issued by employers to their employees. It details the compensation income paid to the employee during the calendar year and the taxes withheld therefrom. It summarizes the total compensation received by the employee, including salaries, wages, bonuses, allowances, and other benefits, as well as the corresponding taxes withheld.

BIR Form 2316 is used by employees when filing their annual income tax returns (ITR) to report their compensation income and the taxes withheld by their employer.

Since your private sector employer has required you to obtain a Certificate of Registration (COR), you will need to follow the process outlined by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) for registration. In this case you will be considered as mixed income earner.

If the Official Receipts (ORs) with an expiration date from July 16, 2022, onwards are still considered valid and legally binding, as specified in Revenue Regulations No. 6-2022. This regulation has eliminated the previous 5-year validity period for receipts and invoices.

No. The COR may need to renew or update if there are significant changes in your business or professional circumstances, such as changes in tax types, business location, or nature of business activities, and other general information updates.

As per the BIR Advisory dated January 8, 2024,usiness taxpayers are now exempt from filing BIR Form No. 0605 as well as the payment of the Five Hundred Pesos (PHP 500.00) ARF on or before 31 January of every year.

Taxpayers with an existing BIR Certificate of Registration (COR) that includes the registration fee will retain its validity. These taxpayers may choose to update/replace their COR until 31 December 2024 by surrendering their old COR at the Revenue District Office where they are registered.

If you have a Certificate of Registration (COR) but do not have official receipt (OR) booklets, you will need to apply an Authority to print and prepare the ffg.
– 1906-with printer partner details
– COR copy
– Sales Invoice layout (Primary receipt) – provided by a printer partner
– ID copy with signature
– SPA if thru a representative

Submit your application form and requirements to the designated BIR officer. Wait for the processing of your request.

As soon as ATP is out, forward to the printer for printing of receipts.

As a self-employed individual under the 8% income tax rate option in the Philippines, your PhilHealth contributions are not considered deductible expenses for income tax purposes. The 8% flat rate option simplifies income taxation for self-employed individuals by allowing them to pay a fixed rate of 8% of gross sales or receipts in lieu of the regular income tax, percentage tax, and withholding tax on income payments.

Under the 8% flat rate option, you are not allowed to claim deductions for expenses, including PhilHealth contributions, against your gross sales or receipts. This means that your taxable income is based on your gross sales or receipts less the 8% flat rate, without consideration for deductible expenses.